Resume for Alexie Brasch
ALEXIE P. BRASCH
| 127 Crisswell Road|
|Butler, PA 16002|
|(412) 282 - 0761|
|130 McGregor Hall |
|1026 Wayne Ave.|
|Indiana, PA 15701 |
|(412) 463 - 1885|
Qualified Chartered Accountant with over five years experience in professional accounting and the finance
industry. Innovative and self-directed individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills
that facilitate teamwork and interaction with both superiors and collegues. Highly adaptable and quick
to learn; adept at analyzing situations and taking initiative to solve problems.
Red Line Contracting Limited : London, England, Nov 1994 - Nov 1996
Company Director and Consultant
Contracted to following companies:
TMG Financial Products : London, England
Assistant to Financial Controller
- Created and improved spreadsheets to streamline reporting process and significantly reduced
daily reporting deadlines.
- Produced all daily Financial Reports for London office.
- Produced Equity Profit and Loss report for Canadian Office on daily basis.
- Responsible for reconciliation of general ledger and cash accounts.
- Reported directly to traders on daily basis.
CIBC Wood Gundy : London, England
Financial Control - Accountant
- Implemented Financial Control Operations for new stocklending division.
- Supported initial set up of division including installation and testing of trading system.
- Designed and prepared daily Profit & Loss reports and month end Balance Sheet reports for stock loans.
- Assisted in preparation of daily reports for futures, swaps and bonds.
Nomura International PLC : London, England
- Set up project tracking income from dividends and swaps for company subsidiary.
- Successfully reconstructed incorrect dividend accounting records.
- Resolved disputes with clients in England and Europe.
- Developed new Corporate Actions division for subsidiary.
- Responsible for International dividend portfolios.
- Implemented and operated corporate actions' procedures in line with new system requirements.
- Nostro reconciliations prepared daily.
Swiss Bank Corporation : London, England
Corporate Actions / Global Custody
- Created spreadsheets to comply with Inland Revenue (UK) requirements for Manufactured
Overseas Dividends (MOD).
- Completed three years of backlogged MOD withholding tax schedules.
- Reconciled monthly Global Custody accounts and all UK Equities.
- Created and implemented procedures to improve efficiency of the reconciliation procedure.
- Cut reconciliation time in half.
- Compiled and reviewed policies and procedures.
Arthur Andersen : Brisbane, Australia, July 1991- Aug 1994
- Developed specialist tax skills in company taxation, taxation of individuals, international
taxes, indirect taxes and the taxation of clubs and charitable organizations.
- Analyzed taxation laws and advised clients of tax consequences of potential investments.
- Prepared company, trust and partnership accounts and secretarial records.
- Prepared US1040 forms for expatriate clients.
- Supervised seven junior accountants.
Hall Chadwick & Co : Cairns, Australia, Dec 1988 - Jan 1989
- Responsibilities included basic accounts preparation, bank reconciliation and petty cash
- Extensive knowledge of Windows 3.1, Excel 5.0, Lotus 123, Microsoft Word 6.0, Word
Perfect, Flexiware accounting package, Crystal report writer, Power Point, and the Internet.
- Familiar with Access, Sun and Solution 6 accounting systems, Global One / K-tec and
DML stocklending systems, Lotus notes, Rhumba, HTML and Visual Basic.
Institute of Chartered Accountants: Brisbane, Australia
Professional Year completed - All modules passed on first attempt.
Admission to Australian Institute of Chartered Accountants - July 1994
University of Queensland: Brisbane, Australia
Bachelor of Commerce - December 1991
GPA: 6.1 on a 7.0 scale
Trinity Anglican School: Cairns, Australia
Senior Certificate - December 1988
School Captain and Valedictorian
Tertiary Entrance Score: 990 on a scale of 990
Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants - Australia
Qualified Life guard and first aid assistant
Interests - Health and Fitness, Dancing, Reading, and Art
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
You are visitor number since February 5, 1997.